One Week Faculty Development Programme on- Moodle Learning Management System. IIT Spoken Tutorial In association with RCERT-IQAC and Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering Research & Technology
IIT Spoken Tutorial
ONE WEEK FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM ON
“Moodle Learning Management System”
(August 17th 2020 – August 21st 2020)
In association with
RCERT-IQAC & Department of Computer Science
About SPOKEN TUTORIAL:
The spoken tutorial project is funded by the national mission on education through information and communication technology (ICT), launched by the ministry of human resources and development, government of India. The spoken tutorial project is being developed at IIT Bombay for MHRD, government of India.
About the Spoken Tutorial project:
· Self-explanatory - uses simple language
· Audio-video - uses multisensory approach
· Small duration - has better retention
· Learner-centred - learn at your own pace
· learning by doing - learn and practice
· Simultaneous empowerment - learn a new FOSS
Moodle LMS is one of the most popular LMS used globally by educational institutes. This Moodle series is divided into 2 parts -
· one for Moodle site administrators and
· another for teachers.
Moodle site administrators
· Will install Moodle on the server
· Create course categories as per institute guidelines and
· Manage courses and user accounts for multiple courses
Teachers will learn to-
· Upload and edit content for their course.
· Create assignments and quizzes to assess the students’ progress and
· Enrol students to their course and communicate with them.
Useful for system administrators, site administrators, trainers and faculty.